Omniva operations during the state of emergency
Our couriers already empty the parcel machines several times per day and the most popular ones on Sundays. You can also help with faster parcel delivery - as soon as you receive the parcel SMS, come and get your parcel quickly!
When ordering or sending parcels, prefer parcel machines - these are accessible 24/7, located outside where there are fewer people and the risk of infection is lower.
It is possible to check from the Omniva website map application which parcel machines have a queue and select the nearest alternative. We recently added a tag for overcapacity parcel machines to our website map application and to the e-stores with automatic data exchange. We deliver a record volume of parcels before Christmas, which is why some of the more popular parcel machines may develop a parcel queue.
We are expanding the largest parcel machines network in Estonia even further. We are adding more lockers to the parcel machines with heavy traffic. Omniva has the largest parcel machine network in Estonia, find the one nearest to you from the map. Did you know that the parcel machine also reached places like Kambja and Abja-Paluoja recently?
We recommend that clients order their e-purchases to a parcel machine which requires no human contact, the screen can be used wearing gloves and contactless payment is also available.
Our employees clean the parcel machine screen, screen edges and payment terminal surface with disinfectant every time they use it.
All Omniva couriers' handheld devices have the HOIA app, which lets you know quickly if you have been near anyone infected with COVID-19. Download the HOIA app from https://www.hoia.me. The more people who use the app, the better we can map those in contact with infected persons and restrict the spread of the virus.
Omniva parcel buses help to issue parcels in popular areas with a lot of parcels. Past years have shown that despite of constant expansions and busy service, some parcel machines will still be too small before the Christmas season. Such fast and flexible solutions help us to deliver up to 1500 additional parcels a day.
Post offices may remain open for service, but the 25% capacity rule must be adhered to. We ask the clients to wear a mask, keep a distance, sanitise their hands and follow all other rules when visiting a post office. Larger post offices use the QR code-based queue systems that allow the clients to use their time more efficiently instead of waiting in line.
To reduce human contact, Eesti Post also asks that clients visit the post office only in cases of extreme need. If possible, prefer the self-service channels (e-service, parcel machine, e-shop). If necessary, the client can extend the storage term in minu.omniva.ee portal or via customer service ([email protected], tel. 661 6616).
Since some employees are in self-isolation due to having contact with infected persons, temporary opening hours are in place for some post offices. Before visiting a post office, check the post office opening hours from the web map.
We thoroughly disinfect the entire office if a postal worker is infected with coronavirus or there is a risk of close contact - since the number of people infected with coronavirus is growing in Estonia, it is also increasingly impacting our work. In case of a possible close contact, the work space is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, employees with a risk of infection remain in self-isolation. Some post offices may therefore be closed for a short time or operate with shortened hours.
If we must close a post office due to possible close contact or illness, we forward the parcels to the nearest post office or parcel machine. We will notify you of this!
- Our employees continue to follow the recommendations to stop the virus from spreading and focus on their own safety and that of the clients in providing the service.
- Upon delivering a courier delivery or providing other services to private clients, the courier or mailman will not enter the client’s premises. The shipment is handed over or picked up outdoors, if possible.
- If possible, the employees keep at least a two-metre distance from the client.
- Upon handing over or picking up a shipment, the courier will not hand the payment terminal to the client.
- No cash is accepted for services. Only card payments are accepted. Exceptions are handling of services "Cash on delivery" and "Paid by receiver" where cash payments are possible, but we prefer card payments.
- Pensions and support benefits are delivered while wearing medical masks.
- In rural areas, the clients can have the mailman deliver their parcel home from the post office or provide any other postal service. For this purpose, fill in the respective application on Omniva webpage.
- From June 7th subscribing periodicals via the mailman is again possible.
- To COVID-19-positive clients or those self-isolating, we only provide the services that do not require contact with the client. If it is not possible to issue the shipment to the recipient within the coming days, the shipment is returned to the sender.
- Delivery of international shipments to some countries is complicated, both arriving to and dispatching from Estonia, due to disrupted air traffic. The border controls applied to ground transport also affect the delivery times of international shipments. Therefore, we ask you to consider the extended shipping times of international parcels (precise information here).
- If any of the previously described conditions cannot be performed while providing the service, the shipment is returned to the sender.
- We deliver all registered shipments to business clients as usual.
- Registered mail that could not be delivered is stored at the nearest open post office for 15 days.
- Storage deadlines of registered mail can be extended for up to 2 months. The extension occurs based only on a written application. The written application should be sent to [email protected]. A storage fee for extension must be paid in cases of letters and parcels that are heavier than 500 g, which you can pay at the post office when picking up the parcel, https://www.omniva.ee/private/parcel/storing_times.
- Delivery of procedural documents is done as usual and outdoors, if possible. When handing over deliveries, we follow hygiene requirements, minimise contact and keep enough distance.
- Delivery of international shipments to some countries is complicated, both arriving to and dispatching from Estonia, due to disrupted air traffic. The border controls applied for ground transport also affect the delivery times of international shipments. Therefore, we ask you to consider the extended shipping times of international parcels (precise information here).
- Locations and opening hours
- Track and trace
- Find a postal code
- Join us
- Become a business customer
Book a courier (for business clients)
Private Customer Service661 6616
Sat–Sun and on public holidays
See the information on the opening hours and locations of post offices HERE
Business Customer Support
- 664 3444
- [email protected]
- Mon-Fri 8.00 – 17.00