E-service is not available at the moment, please try again later.
E-service is not available at the moment, please try again later.
Omniva operations during the state of emergency*Information is updated on an ongoing basis
We are operating with full force and at the moment we can also take on the growing parcel volumes regardless of the state of emergency. From the perspective of avoiding infection parcel machines located outdoors are the safest and therefore preferred delivery option for the client.
Currently, we can ensure normal delivery speed for most parcels (next-day delivery) across Estonia. At the same time, everyday, the state of emergency brings unexpected changes that could affect national and international parcel movement. Therefore, we rely on your understanding if a parcel should take a little longer to arrive.
In case of international shipments, the delivery to certain countries is disturbed due to stopped air traffic. The border controls applied for ground transport also affect the delivery times of international shipments. Thus, we ask you to consider the extended shipping times of international parcels.
CHANGES IN POSTAL AND PARCEL SERVICES CONCERNING THE CORONAVIRUS SPREAD PREVENTION
- We direct our clients to prefer parcel machines.
- In case of courier deliveries, as a first step we offer our clients the option to reroute the parcel to a parcel machine for free.
- We allow rerouting of parcels from post office to parcel machine free of charge.
- If necessary, the client can extend the parcel storage term for free.
- To reduce human contact, Eesti Post also asks that clients visit the post office only in cases of extreme need and instead use the self-service channels (e-store, e-service and parcel machines).
- The post offices are open but in the state of emergency the number of people visiting the post office is limited to prevent the infection risk both for the clients and our employees.
- Due to the state of emergency, mailmen are temporarily not accepting periodical publication subscriptions. You can subscribe to newspapers and magazines online via minuajakirjandus.ee or by contacting a publisher directly. Periodicals can also be ordered to be sent to another person. You can also subscribe at post offices and at most sub-post offices, but we recommend using channels without human contact during the state of emergency.
- We store the parcels arriving from medium and high Covid-19-risk countries in closed bags at the airport for 72 h.
- From 23.03, we will put registered mail arriving from abroad in mailboxes.
- When making a payment via the mailman, the client will fill the payment order and count the exact sum in front of the mailman and put it in an envelope and hand it to the mailman (from 23.03).
DURING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY OUR EMPLOYEES
- Do not ask for client’s signatures on the touch screen of the handheld device when issuing a courier delivery. Instead the client will sign the address card on the parcel using their own pen, after which the courier will take a picture of the signed address card, which is saved in the information system to confirm that the parcel has been issued.
- Keep at least 1 m distance from the client and will hand over the parcels without contact and outdoors, if possible.
- Do not accept cash when handing over a courier delivery. Payments are made only by card, using contactless payment if possible. Card payments are also preferred at the post offices.
- Will not give the device or payment terminal to the client for issuing transactions. When the client is entering the PIN in the payment terminal, the employee will hold the terminal.
- Will not enter indoors to hand over a courier delivery. The parcel is handed over outdoors.
- Will not accept periodical publication subscriptions during rounds. Alternative channels must be used for this.
- Are equipped with disinfectants.
CHANGES FOR BUSINESS CLIENT
- We deliver all shipments to the business clients as usual.
- Registered mail that could not be delivered is stored at the nearest post office for 15 days. You can reroute the shipments from one post office to another.
- Storage deadlines of registered mail can be extended for up to 2 months.
- The extension is done only based on a written application. The written application should be sent to email@example.com.
- Storage fee for extension must be paid only in case of letters and parcels heavier than 500 g, for which you can pay at the post office when picking up the parcel, https://www.omniva.ee/abi/hoiutahtajad.
- Bilateral mail exchange: Due to the state of emergency, we ask all business clients who we serve daily to inform Eesti Post if they have closed their offices or changed their opening hours. We will serve all the business clients as usual and the bilateral mail exchange clients within the period agreed in the contract. We also ask to inform us again once you have restored the normal opening hours after the state of emergency ends. You can forward the information regarding the opening hours to your account manager or send an e-mail to Kliendihaldus@omniva.ee.
- E-mailbox: We recommend using the e-mailbox for obtaining the letters digitally (registered mail upon special agreement).
- Rerouting: Mail can be rerouted temporarily based on a written application. Rerouting for up to six months costs €55.00.
- Delivery of procedural documents is done as usual, outdoors, if possible. When handing over deliveries, we follow hygiene requirements, minimise contact and keep enough distance.
WHAT ELSE IS OMNIVA DOING TO STOP THE SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS?
- The company wants to protect the health of its employees and clients, and therefore Omniva has decided to rather take more steps to minimise the threat, than less.
- It is forbidden to come to work with visible signs of sickness. Regardless of the illness (cold, flu, etc.), all sick employees must stay at home or take sick leave (or work from home if health permits and the nature of work allows this).
- Employees returning from abroad are instructed to stay at home for 14 days or work from home if the nature of the work allows this.
- Hand hygiene is even more crucial than before. Compliance with the hygiene requirements is compulsory for all employees. We supply employees in contact with clients with disinfectants as much as possible.
- We clean the parcel machine screens in Tallinn and Tartu daily and as often as possible elsewhere.
- We cancel all business trips. Also the trips not destined to the high-risk regions.
- We minimise inviting guests and we do not allow guests from outside of the company (incl. journalists) onto the company premises.
- We pay heightened attention to cleaning surfaces and hand hygiene at the central national sorting centres and we do more than the healthcare institutions have recommended.
- Omniva directs clients to use the parcel machines and shares tips on how to minimise contact between clients with illness symptoms and our employees. If possible, register the parcel at the e-service and order your purchases to the parcel machines. When buying stamps, envelopes and postcards, one should also prefer using the Omniva e-store and the option to have the items delivered to the parcel machine.
- When paying at the post office or for a courier delivery, we ask our clients to use bankcards, if possible.
HOW DO WE PROTECT OUR CLIENTS?
Since the virus spreads via respiratory droplets most likely from person to person, then shopping online and receiving the goods via the parcel machine is significantly safer for people than visiting a shopping mall. The fact that the parcel machines are mostly located outside, where the concentration of people is lower as well as the risk of infection, also speaks in their favour. Omniva cleans the touchscreens of the parcel machines regularly, but the client can also use the parcel machine without any physical contact with the publicly used surfaces. The Omniva parcel machine touchscreen can be used with gloves and you can use contactless payment at all parcel machines. We equip our couriers and post office employees with disinfectants to the best possible extent to reduce the risk of them being infected. Employees with any sickness symptoms are ordered to stay home. Although the spread of the virus by shipments is unlikely, we are nevertheless prepared to apply measures to international shipments to ensure that the shipments are safe.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH SHIPMENTS FROM HIGH-RISK AREAS?
In case of shipments from high-risk areas we guarantee that the shipping time is long enough for the virus to die on the shipment. We store the parcels arriving from medium and high Covid-19-risk countries in closed bags at the airport for 72 h.
DOES THE VIRUS SPREAD VIA PARCELS?
According to the World Health Organization, the spread of the virus by shipments is unlikely, because the virus does not survive on solid surfaces for very long. If necessary, we will implement quarantine for the shipments as well to ensure their safety for the clients. The best way to prevent the infection is following the hygiene requirements consistently and carefully.
HOW WELL ARE THE EMPLOYEES INFORMED OF THE CURRENT SITUATION AND HYGIENE REQUIREMENTS?
All Omniva employees are informed of the additional hygiene requirements, and the extraordinary internal rules of the company. We value the health of our employees and all Estonian people very highly and we will rather take more steps to stop the virus spread than fewer.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I AM INFECTED AND A PARCEL ARRIVES FOR ME?
In case of courier delivery we recommend rerouting it to a parcel machine or postpone the delivery until the recipient is healthy. If necessary, we are ready to extend the parcel storage deadlines so a person with symptoms should not have to pick up a parcel and can get healthy before re-entering the public space.